ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE PSE
Reporting to the Journeyman PSE/Electrician, the role of PSE/Electrician Apprentice is to install new and maintain low and high voltage equipment in a substation. Under this role the PSE/Electrician Apprentice will gain hands-on experience with the installation of ground grids, structural steel’s erection and the repair and assembly of power system equipment. The PSE/Electrician Apprentice is responsible to assist with the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of high voltage transformers and all other related equipment on a substation.
** This position is located in Brooks, Alberta; please ensure you reside in OR leave close to the town to apply.
Apply with Us Today – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Assist in the day to day activities involved with substation construction
- Work with high voltage equipment such as circuit breakers, transformers, and switches, voltage regulators, capacitor banks, P&C (protection and control) equipment and SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition systems) systems, human machine interfaces (HMI) and remote terminal units (RTUs)
- Install time sensitive network and power cabling, including connection, location and documentation of all circuits, as required
- Perform preventive equipment maintenance; scheduled, unscheduled and emergency requests
- Perform maintenance, predictive inspections and testing on substation equipment
- Develop work scopes, draft procedures and perform routine repairs
- Comply, at all times, with Rising Edge Technologies operating and maintenance safe work practices, procedures and standards
- Develop and maintain test and maintenance reports while working under Journey PSE/Electrician
- Work with Journeyman PSE/Electrician to install ground grids, power system equipment’s assembly and erection of structural steel
- Indentured into Electrical or PSE trade
- Have knowledge of the Alberta Electrical Utility Code (A.E.U.C Safety Codes Act) and Occupational Health and Safety rules as they relate to the PSE/Electrician role
- Have a valid Alberta Provincial Class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office and computer based test equipment would be an asset
- Must meet pre-access Drug & Alcohol testing requirements
- Must be able to work comfortably at heights