SUBSTATION ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Reporting to a Senior Engineer, the role of Electrical Engineer is to design a variety of parts, equipment and systems that use electrical power to operate. The Electrical Engineer is responsible with design from conception to completion of projects, and ensures all specifics meet the standards of the industry and the clients. Under supervision of a Senior Engineer and Discipline Lead, the Substation Electrical Engineer will support a team of project managers, engineers, and designers to develop/design/execute and support Rising Edge projects through clear strategy and a proactive commitment.
Apply with Us Today – email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Creating detailed engineering scope documents from a high level functional document.
- Design of electrical substation facilities including site and buswork layouts, grounding, foundations, controls, protection, metering and equipment drawings for internal projects.
- Apply knowledge of components, arrangements, and standards to complete design packages for substations that include, but are not limited to, schematics, wiring diagrams, and bills of materials.
- Deliver accurate and thorough designs that meet applicable industry standards, Utility design standards and engineering practices.
- Ensure designs are compatible with good construction practices and overall due diligence.
- Identification of material required, and in some cases specify devices and equipment to be used in the design and construction.
- Plan layout of electrical facilities for Transmission and Distribution, Power generation and Renewables sector
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practice (CSA, ANSI, IEC and IEEE standards.)
- Familiarity in design of electrical facilities for Transmission and Distribution, Power generation, Industrial and Renewables sector
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering degree required; or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
- 2 – 8 years of experience in the Utilities industry is preferred but not required
- Previous engineering experience in electrical facilities for the Transmission and Distribution, Power generation, Industrial and Renewables sectors preferred
- Experience in construction and field installations considered an asset
- Proficient in medium/high voltage power engineering in electrical facilities for the Transmission and Distribution, Power generation, Industrial and Renewables sectors
- Proficient ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics · Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Eligible for registration with APEGGA or ASET
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines
- Navigate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks