Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall management, coordination and delivery of assigned projects. The Project Manager ensures that the project is delivered safely, on time, within budget and meeting the required scope and quality specifications. This role is responsible to continuously communicate with and manage expectations of clients and other project stakeholders. As a project leader during the entire lifecycle of a project, the Project Manager is accountable to provide routine project progress and ad hoc reports to senior management.
Apply with Us Today – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Initiate project set up once award and estimate handoff is complete. Ensure project team, budget, documentation, etc. is in place to allow for effective project kick-off.
- Develop and maintain a project execution plan, critical risk path and milestones schedule for each assigned project. Manage and allocate resources to ensure timely completion of each milestone
- Manage project changes via established change management procedures and ensure all changes are properly communicated to the Client and project team
- Maintain all project documentation including project execution plan, risk register, schedule, health and safety plan, quality plan and any RET mandatory project documentation
- Manage project expenditures and ensure adherence to the approved budget. Align man-hour projections on assigned projects
- Manage and co-ordinate project material/equipment/subcontracts activities to ensure successful and timely delivery of project requirements
- Ensure timely processing of accounts receivable and payable invoices to maintain cashflow
- Maintain project reporting both to Client and internal stakeholders. Ensure effective communication between the Client, project team and project stakeholders. Lead project meetings including kick-offs, updates, change orders, recovery plans and lessons learned
- Maintain awareness, at all times, of safety and environmental requirements of each assigned project
- Maintain awareness, at all times, of quality and acceptance requirements of each assigned project
- Identify project staffing requirements, including specialty consultants and subcontractors. Set clear expectations of project team members to ensure successful project delivery
- Coordinate project close out and conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvements; make recommendations based on findings.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Business or a related field required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent required
At least 3 – 5 years’ experience managing medium to large full cycle construction projects required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team in a dynamic, dead-line oriented environment are an asset
- Proficiency in MS Project, Primavera P6, HardDollar and ViewPoint Construction Software preferred
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required