Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Purchaser’s role is focused on fulfilling requisition orders or requests for materials supplies, project specific tools, inventory and any other tangible items that the project may need. The purchaser is responsible for keeping the project running smoothly by ensuring that it has all of the supplies and inventory that it needs. The purchaser is a negotiator that must be a good steward of the company’s financial resources.
Apply with Us Today – email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Acting always in the best interest of the project and organization to provide honest and legitimately lawful conduct in our procurement practices
- To determine and source all required and correct materials or service, in the most cost-effective manner to meet project timelines and requirements
- To create POs and attach relevant applicable terms and conditions following the company’s accounting practices, legal counsel’s direction and project financial accuracy requirements
- To ensure that sufficient details are in the PO or attached documents is defendable in a legal or commercial dispute
- To develop and maintain up to date the database of materials and accurate pricing for cost effective project delivery and future estimates that may rely on this pricing
- To own the PO process all the way thru quotation, delivery, to payment and PO close out
- SCMP designation or enrollment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering and/or min 1-3 years purchasing experience is preferred
- Diploma in Business Admin, Finance, Supply Chain Management and/or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing or best practices
- Strong computer skills in a windows environment is a must. Experience in ViewPoint Construction Software is an asset
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills would be essential