SENIOR P&C AND STATIONS ENGINEER
The role of the Senior Engineer is to be part of a multidisciplinary engineering team to help deliver projects to a successful completion. The senior engineer will work autonomously or with a team to develop/design/execute and support Rising Edge projects through clear strategy and a proactive commitment.
The Senior Engineer will provide hands-on leadership, mentorship, guidance and oversight to the entire team of Rising Edge Group Engineering.
Apply with Us Today – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Applying Rising Edge Group’s Safety Values and Culture and ensuring a safe, positive work environment.
- Represent the company in professional and diligent manner at all times
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organizations.
- Maintaining and improving existing engineering processes
- Ability to review multidisciplinary engineering documents and provide professional guidance and analyzation. (i.e. design base memorandum, detailed engineering scope, engineering and construction work plans)
- Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties
- Seek, complete and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) in accordance with the requirements of the relevant professional Institution
- To contribute and assist, as required by the Projects Engineering Lead, Engineering Manager, or nominated Engineer
- To have thorough knowledge of and compliance with Rising Edge Group procedures and standards
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the design team through project execution and QAQC reviews.
- Undertake and deliver high quality detailed electrical engineering design. (i.e. One-line diagrams, elementary and wiring diagrams, Automation and SCADA, communications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, substation physical layouts, selection of substation equipment, substation equipment specifications, proposal development, construction cost estimates, and project scheduling)
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information
- Complete detailed technical reviews of drawings, specifications, design studies and technical reports to verify conformity with the project design criteria, and client(s) requirements
- Maintain knowledge of relevant and new legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practice
- Degree in electrical engineering or related engineering degree required
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers P.Eng required
- 7+ years of experience in the Utilities or related electrical industries
- Familiar with Protection and Control philosophies, schemes, and standards.\
- Working knowledge of MathCAD, Microsoft Office, Aspen Oneliner and CAPE.
- Excellent knowledge of modern digital protective relays in utility applications and experience calculating relay settings.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of electric transmission system operation, maintenance, performance, power equipment and substation design.
- Familiarity with Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) rules will be an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide technical support during construction and commissioning.
- Competent in basic computer skills to include Microstation, Autocad, Trane Software and Microsoft Office products
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislations, standards, regulations, guides and good practice (CSA, ANSI, IEC and IEEE standards.)
- Familiarity with local area networks, communication schemes, platforms and protocols used to provide local and remote interrogation with substation relays, meters, fault recorders and other intelligent electronic devices (IEDs). Knowledge of IEC61850
- Creating detailed engineering scope documents from a high level functional document.
- Design of electrical substation facilities including site and buswork layouts, grounding, foundations, controls, protection, metering and equipment drawings for internal projects.
- Deliver accurate and thorough designs that meet applicable industry standards, Utility design standards and engineering practices.
- Ensure designs are compatible with good construction practices and overall due diligence.
- Identification of material required, and in some cases specify devices and equipment to be used in the design and construction.