Reporting to a discipline lead engineer, the role of the Senior Engineer is to provide relay setting reports, relay configuration files and field troubleshooting for relay commissioning. The Senior Engineer is also expected to provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members at Rising Edge Engineering.
Apply with Us Today – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Create or be the reviewer for :
- Single line diagram with protection and metering devices with appropriate zone of protection coverage.
- Current Transformer saturation studies for relay performance and equipment purchasing
- Short circuit model in software such as (CAPE, Aspen, ETAP)
- Setting reports and configuration files for the following equipment with either GE, SEL, Siemens and ABB relays
- Line protection: current differential (87L) and step distance (21)
- Transformer: current differential (87T), overcurrent (51/50), non-electrical
- Bus protection: low impedance (87), high impedance (87Z) and fast bus tripping (50)
- Feeder protection: overcurrent (51/50)
- Breaker failure protection
- Relay internal logic diagrams
- AC/DC design, Panel design, wiring schematics and diagram.
- Provide field and construction support during commissioning of the relays
- Review and analyze complex technical studies and project scopes
- Provide input for overall design and development of technical specifications, drawings, project and equipment standards
- Create/review design basis memorandum with detailed engineering scope
- Complete detailed technical reviews of drawings, specifications, design studies and technical reports to verify conformity with the project design criteria, and client(s) requirements
- Provide QA/QC reviews, mentoring and support for junior and intermediate design engineers
- Perform or provide input for other technical studies such as powerflow, insulation coordination, cable sizing etc.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned from time to time
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering degree required
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer within Canada
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Utilities industry
- Preferences and Soft skills
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess previous experience in utilities or electrical distribution design.
- Strong preference for candidates with AltaLink or ATCO settings experience
- Understanding and application of NERC and regulatory standards.
- Protection design of digital substation (IEC61850) is an asset.
- Experience in construction and field installations an asset.
- Ability/experience to draft (AutoCAD/Microstation) is an asset.
- EMTP relay application with COMTRADE file generation and relay testing is an asset
- Previous SCADA design or knowledge is an asset.
- Inclination for automation using scripts is an asset.