SENIOR COMMISSIONING TECHNOLOGIST
Reporting to the Field Area Manager, the Sr. Commissioning Technologist is responsible to commission and test primary and secondary power equipment in the field which includes maintaining medium to high-voltage substation power delivery equipment such as breakers, switchgears, circuit breakers, relays and transformers. The Sr. Commissioning Technologist is also responsible to mentor and educate Apprentices including reading and interpreting blueprints, Risk Management and industry best practices. The Sr. Commissioning Technologist also plays a leading role in setting up and operating standard as well as specialized test equipment to diagnose and analyze the performance of power delivery equipment on the job site.
Apply with Us Today – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Work safely alongside all members of the construction crew
- Acceptance and maintenance testing of electrical equipment
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of protection and control equipment in medium to high-voltage transmission substations
- Interpret blueprints, analyze test reports and recommend corrective actions.
- Work with high voltage equipment such as Circuit breakers, transformers, switches and control circuits for protection, indication and monitoring systems
- Supervise, mentor and train junior technicians
- Calibrate electronic equipment and instruments, when needed
- Be able to work with various types of manufacturer’s test equipment:
- Omicron secondary test sets
- Winding resistance
- Omicron CPC 100
- CT saturator
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution or Degree in Electrical Engineering
Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Field Testing and Commissioning
Past supervisory experience is preferred
Experience in substation would be a major asset, (ie. 144kV and 240kV)
Experience with relay testing with various equipment; Omicron, GE, Manta, Meggar
Familiar with all apparatus found in a HV substation
Past experience with testing software will be beneficial (Omicron Test Universe, Doble M4000, AcSELerator, Seimens Digsi)
Competent and comfortable working with computers and spreadsheets.
Demonstrate a willingness to work safely and show concern for environmental, health and safety issues in the workplace.
Must have the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Willing to work out of town and on rotation, (i.e. 14 on 7 off work schedule)