Reporting to the Field Area Manager, the Telecom Technologist designs, develops, installs, manages and/or maintains equipment used to control and monitor systems, equipment and processes. Ensures these systems and processes operate efficiently, reliably and safely. Provides expertise for the conceptual design, programming and configuration development, testing and commissioning of SCADA and automation systems used in power utility substations and distribution systems. Ensures substation integration and automation systems provide clear, concise and real-time operational field information for System Control Center dispatch functions. At NERC critical asset sites, ensures equipment and configuration meets CIP regulatory requirements
Apply with Us Today – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Responsible for maintenance and installation of telecommunications equipment and various telecommunication sites in the area and or district
- Telecomm equipment includes and may not be limited to: Microwave Radios, Industrial Wireless Systems, SCADA Communication Systems, VSAT, CDMA, Phone Systems, Digital Multiplexer, Office Networks (LAN/WAN), VHF Radio Systems, and associated equipment
- Regularly and directly interface with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism, including but not limited to other employees, management, vendors, and customers
- Interfacing with engineering, double checking drawings and assist in DBM
- Client interactions for job acceptance and outage planning
- Take relays out of service and program as necessary
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution or Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or comparable field is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Field Testing and Commissioning
- Past supervisory experience will be an asset
- Experience in substation would be a major asset, ie. 144kV and 240kV
- Experience with relay testing with various equipment; Omicron, GE, Manta, Meggar
- Familiar with all apparatus found in a HV substation
- Past experience with testing software will be beneficial (Omicron Test Universe, Doble M4000, AcSELerator, Seimens Digsi)
- Competent and comfortable working with computers and spreadsheets.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work safely and show concern for environmental, health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Must have the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Able to work comfortably at heights
- Able to work alone or with minimal supervision
- Willing to work out of town and on rotation, i.e. 14 on 7 off work schedule