Reporting to the Field Area Manager, the Test Specialist is responsible to commission and test primary and secondary power equipment in the field which includes maintaining medium to high-voltage substation power delivery equipment such as breakers, switchgears, circuit breakers, relays and transformers. The Test Specialist is also responsible to mentor and educate Apprentices including reading and interpreting blueprints, Risk Management and industry best practices. The Test Specialist also plays a leading role in setting up and operating standard as well as specialized test equipment to diagnose and analyze the performance of power delivery equipment on the job site.
Apply with Us Today – email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their keen interest in working for Rising Edge Group. Due to the volume of responses we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Work safely alongside all members of the construction crew
- Acceptance and maintenance testing of electrical equipment
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of protection and control equipment in medium to high-voltage transmission substations
- Interpret blueprints, analyze test reports and recommend corrective actions.
- Work with high voltage equipment such as Circuit breakers, transformers, switches and control circuits for protection, indication and monitoring systems
- Supervise, mentor and train junior technicians
- Program protective relays/HMI/PLC’s
- Be able to work with various types of manufacturer’s test equipment:
- High Voltage Inc.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or substantial relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Field Testing and Commissioning
- NETA certification would be an asset.
- High proficiency with computers and software
- Past supervisory experience will be an asset
- Experience in substation would be a major asset, ie. 144kV and 240kV
- Experience with relay testing with various equipment; Omicron, GE, Manta, Meggar
- Familiar with all apparatus found in a HV substation
- Past experience with testing software will be beneficial (Omicron Test Universe, Doble M4000, AcSELerator, Seimens Digsi)
- Competent and comfortable working with computers and spreadsheets.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work safely and show concern for environmental, health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Must have the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and have a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work comfortably at heights.
- Able to work alone or with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work out of town and on rotation.