Rising Edge is built on our values: believing in people and ensuring their safety. Believing in people means investing in their future. By building their capacity, Rising Edge is elevating the lives of our employees and, by extension, their communities.
At Rising Edge, we recognize that our service areas rest on traditional First Nations territory. As such, Rising Edge has ensured inclusive relationships with the Indigenous population in our service areas. These relationships are based on honesty, respect, and transparency.
Rising Edge is building its Indigenous Relations on three pillars:
1. Engagement – fostering relationships with First Nations communities in our service areas, building trust, and understanding how Rising Edge can meet their needs
2. Opportunity – creating value for First Nations communities through skill building, career advancement, and empowerment
3. Appreciation – learning and celebrating Indigenous culture and communities
Wicehtowak Rising Edge Technologies
In partnership with George Gordon Development Limited Partnership (GGDL), Rising Edge formed the Wicehtowak Rising Edge Technologies LP.
GGDL has a 51% interest in the partnership.
The primary goal of Wicehtowak Rising Edge Technologies LP is to bring opportunity and prosperity to both parties. This includes opportunities for other existing GGDL partnerships and employment opportunities for the GGDL community. Wicehtowak Rising Edge Technologies LP will be targeting projects in the Saskatchewan and Manitoba service areas. The first project is a pipeline replacement project that spans southeastern Saskatchewan and southwestern Manitoba.
For more information on George Gordon Development Ltd., visit https://www.ggdevelopments.com/
Enoch Cree First Nation
Rising Edge has developed a working relationship with Enoch Cree Nation. Rising Edge strives to contribute to the involvement and sustainability of First Nations through our partnership with Enoch Construction Ltd. (ECL).
In the spirit of cooperation, shared responsibility, and building sustainable, effective relationships based on mutual respect and trust, ECL and Rising Edge have made the following commitments in relation to all projects we are collectively awarded within the Treaty 6 territory:
- Commitment to the development of a comprehensive Indigenous Participation Plan (IPP)
- Commitment to providing ongoing timely and effective communication between Rising Edge and ECL regarding contact and employment opportunities with Rising Edge,
- Commitment to ongoing transparency and information sharing with Rising Edge,
- Liaison with Enoch Cree Nation members on behalf of ECL/Rising Edge to identify qualified members to be employed on this specific contract as loader operators, skid steer operators, sanding truck operators, and/or labourers and all other commitments under the terms of the MBRA
Rising Edge is proud to be a new partner of STARS.
STARS is a helicopter air ambulance service with incredible pilots and medical professionals flying to emergencies throughout Western Canada to care for some of the most critical patients. STARS is a critical service in the safety and well-being of Albertans.
Rising Edge believes in and values the mission of STARS. Rising Edge’s service areas throughout the province are often remote. Rising Edge crews can work with peace of mind knowing that STARS is available if required.